What is the AHDA?
The ADHA is comprised of nonprofit organizations who are vitally concerned about the health of patients with headache disorders including migraine disease, cluster headaches, chronic daily headache, new daily persistent headache and tension-type headaches.
Since 2007, AHDA has advocated consistently for increased recognition of, and more equitable federal policies toward Americans with disabling headache disorders. These advocacy efforts have been expressed through annual Headache on the Hill (HOH) congressional fly-in events in Washington, DC, as well as multiple other activities throughout the years.
Who is the AHDA?
AHDA is a 501c6 non-proﬁt public advocacy organization. It is comprised of fourteen 501c- designated member organizations.
- Alliance for Patient Access (AfPA)
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- American Headache Society (AHS)
- Chronic Migraine Awareness (CMA)
- Cluster Headache Support Group (CHSG)
- Coalition For Headache And Migraine Patients (CHAMP)
- Global Healthy Living Foundation (GHLF)
- Headache Cooperative of New England (HCNE)
- Headache Cooperative of the Paciﬁc (HCOP)
- Miles for Migraine
- National Headache Foundation (NHF)
- Southern Headache Society (SHS)
- Spinal CSF Leak Foundation
- President – Dr. Christopher Gottschalk
- Vice President – Annika Ehrlich, HCOP
- Treasurer – Jill Dehlin, NHF
- Secretary – Eileen Brewer
- Executive Director – Julienne Verdi
- Director of Federal Policy – Katie MacDonald
Board of Directors
- Derek Brandt – AAN
- Meghan Buzby – CHAMP
- Dr. Larry Charleston IV – Member at Large
- Josie Cooper – AfPA
- Dr. Connie Deline – Spinal CSF Leak Foundation
- Dr. Carrie Dougherty – Southern Headache Society
- Dr. Joanna Kempner – Member at Large
- Shirley Kessel – Miles for Migraine
- Dr. Stephanie Nahas – Member at Large
- Tammy Rome – CHSG
- Nancy Harris Bonk – CMA
- Dr. Robert Shapiro – HCNE, Founding President
- Sarah Shaw – Global Healthy Living Foundation
- Dr. Amaal Starling, American Headache Society
- Bob Wold, Clusterbusters
- Dr. William Young – Immediate Past President