The Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA) is proud to introduce The Headache Alliance, our 501(c)(3) sister entity created in 2023, committed to transforming the landscape of headache disorders. Migraine and related conditions rank as the 2nd leading cause of global disability, and The Headache Alliance is our powerful solution to address this global crisis.
Mission To improve the quality of life of those living with headache disorders through patient and provider education, advocacy, and early-stage research.
Vision A world without stigma for those living with headache disorders.
Why The Headache Alliance? While AHDA continues its pivotal legislative advocacy work, The Headache Alliance broadens our impact by engaging in year-round advocacy education, offering travel scholarships for advocates to attend critical events to support well-educated advocates in our community, funding early-stage research, and conducting public awareness campaigns.
Key Initiatives and Programs
- Advocate Education: Year-round programs cover media relations, advocacy history, current laws, and more.
- Travel Scholarships: Enabling patients and healthcare providers to attend conferences, ensuring diverse representation.
- Research Funding: Supporting early-career researchers to advance headache research and increase NIH funding.
- Communications Campaigns: Combating stigma and educating the public on policy issues affecting the headache disorders community.
- Host three public awareness campaigns in the next five years.
- Engage advocates in all congressional districts, building a nationwide network.
- Expand our mailing list to 100,000 contacts.
- Conduct national surveys to gauge awareness and policy impact.
- Monthly educational programming for year-round engagement.
- Attain earned media recognition as a thought-leader in headache policy and news.
- Increase outreach within the broader medical advocacy community.
Support and Donate Contributions to The Headache Alliance are tax-deductible and may be eligible for employer-matching funds. Support our transformative work with a tax-deductible donation today.
Join us in creating a world without stigma for those living with headache disorders. Together, we can make a difference!