The petition to Congress asking them to hold the first ever Congressional hearing on the impact of Migraine, cluster headaches, and other headache disorders is still open for signatures. You can help by signing it AND by encouraging other people to sign it. We’ve prepared a one-page flyer that you can download then email to others or print and hand out. Download the flyer.
- Headache disorders cause more than 1 percent of all disability and 9 percent of all lost labor in the US every year.
- Migraine is the #1 cause of US neurological disability, and #10 cause of all US disability.
- Headache disorders are the most prevalent neurological disorders, affecting more than 90% of all Americans.
- The US annual direct and indirect economic costs of headache disorders exceed $31 billion.
- NIH funding for all research on headache disorders was < 0.07% of the 2016 NIH budget ($24M)
Stay Up To Date!
We will email updates when new information is added to our site and when there is action to be taken. Join our mailing list here. Your information will never be shared with anyone else. It will be used only to send you updates and action alerts on our mission.
Get the Statistics
Todd J. Schwedt, MD, MSCI, and Robert E. Shapiro, MD, PhD, wrote “Funding of Research on Headache Disorders by the National Institutes of Health.” This article was published in Headache. Download a copy here.