What is Headache on the Hill?
This is an annual lobbying event in Washington DC, organized by the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA). The AHDA brings health professionals, migraine advocates and patients themselves to unite on our requests or “asks” of Congress. These asks are typically focused around improving awareness about the impact of Headache Disorders and in turn impacting the available research funding.
Headache on the Hill (HOH) is a two day event each year; The first day includes an issues briefing and advocacy training session. The second day is for HOH participants to visit the offices of their respective congressional delegation on Capitol Hill. The AHDA will pre arrange appointments with the offices of at least one congressman and two senators for each HOH participant.
2018 Headache on the Hill
- February 12th & 13th
- February 13th & 14th
- 93 participants from 33 states visited 158 Congressional offices
- February 8th & 9th
- 60 participants from 30 states visited 123 Congressional offices.
2015 Headache on the Hill
- April 22nd & 23rd
- 60 participants from 33 states visited 131 Congressional offices.
2014 Headache on the Hill
- February 10th & 11th
- 91 participants from 34 states visited 131 Congressional offices.
2013 Headache on the Hill
- April 8th & 9th
- 64 participants from 28 states visited 129 Congressional offices.
2012 Headache on the Hill
- March 26th & 27th
- 62 participants from 33 states visited 120 Congressional offices.
2011 Headache on the Hill
- May 31st & June 1st
- 68 participants from 34 states visited 138 Congressional offices.
2010 Headache on the Hill
- February 22nd & 23rd
- 52 participants from 35 states visited 144 Congressional offices.
2009 Headache on the Hill
- February 23rd & 24th
- 35 participants from 27 states visited 127 Congressional offices.
2007 Headache on the Hill
- September 25th & 26th
- 45 participants from 29 states visited 136 Congressional offices.