The Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy (AHDA) is dedicated to advocacy efforts that can result in better treatment for all headache disorder patients.
The ADHA is comprised of nonprofit organizations who are vitally concerned about the health of patients with headache disorders including migraine disease, cluster headaches, chronic daily headache, new daily persistent headache, tension-type headaches.
Since 2007, AHDA has advocated consistently for increased recognition of, and more equitable federal policies towards, Americans with disabling headache disorders. These advocacy efforts have been expressed through nine annual Headache on the Hill (HOH) congressional fly-in events in Washington, DC, as well as multiple other activities throughout the years.
AHDA is a 501(c)(6) non profit organization, as classified by the IRS. In this classification, donations are not typically tax-deductible for the donor.
- Alliance for Patient Access (AfPA)
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- American Headache and Migraine Association (AHMA)
- American Headache Society (AHS)
- Headache Cooperative of New England (HCNE)
- Headache Cooperative of the Pacific (HCOP)
- Migraine Research Foundation (MRF)
- Miles for Migraine Races (MFM)
- National Headache Foundation (NHF)
- Ohio Headache Association (OHA)
Board of Directors
- Derek Brandt – AAN
- Robert Cowan, MD – HCOP
- Jill Dehlin, AHMA
- Brian Kennedy – AfPA
- Shirley Kessel – MFM
- Brad Klein, MD, MBA – AAN, AHS
- Vincent Martin, MD – NHF
- Robert Shapiro, MD, PhD – HCNE, AHS, NHF, AAN
- Gretchen Tietjen, MD – OHA, AHS, AAN
- Bob Wold – Clusterbusters
- William Young, MD – AHS, AAN
- William Young, MD – President
- Robert Cowan, MD – Vice President
- Brad Klein, MD, MBA – Treasurer
- Gretchen Tietjen, MD – Secretary